Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark-commits: [Wireshark-commits] rev 44161: /trunk/epa

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:35:19 -0400 (EDT)
I guess where I (and the .pl script) got tripped up was the fact that there were separate protocols registered and they gave the impression they were unique and not just "one big protocol" broken up over several files.   The script just generates the "questionable" filters, I was using "human judgement" to determine if the filters actually needed to be changed.   Looking through the filter names, renaming to gmr1_ccch.* seems to make more sense then renaming the protocol to gmr1_rr.  It was all a judgement call by me, but I'm happy to admit I'm wrong to someone who knows the specific protocols better.  The overall goal is just consistency in display filter names (bug 2794), but it can get complicated for the .pl script when protocols are broken up over multiple files.