Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is Python Still Considered Optional for the Build Process? W

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:59:24 +0200
Le 31 juil. 2012 à 09:43, Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi,
Others have to comment on whether we require python or not but it would be nice if you attached your script to a bug report so we could have a look at it and have a record of it. I think it should be OK to require python 2.6 as the lowest supported level to make things simpler.
Best regards
Anders

Hi,
just for information the Linux development machine I have at work (Debian Lenny) is still packaging python 2.5 by default (unfortunately). It would be great if we could keep compatibility with older machines.

Regards,
Pascal.