Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libxml2-2.dll was not found {was RE: [Wireshark-announce] Wi

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:56:05 +0200
Le 27 juil. 2012 à 22:08, "JAMES, WARREN" <wj3857@xxxxxxx> a écrit :

Greetings,

We have a problem with Wireshark 1.6.9:

Program fails to start with error: "This application has failed to start because libxml2-2.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix the problem."  But reinstalling does not fix it.

This is the version downloaded from wireshark
http://wiresharkdownloads.riverbed.com/wireshark/win32/wireshark-win32-1.6.9.exe

Multiple users reporting the problem.  I do not know if the 64bit Windows version has the same but it looks like the same as this report:
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201207/msg00221.html

Thanks for taking a look!

Hi,

as suggested by Gerald in http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201207/msg00235.html , could you give a try to wireshark-win32-1.6.10pre1-44077 or later from http://www.wireshark.org/download/prerelease/ and see if that fixes the issue?

Regards,
Pascal.