Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] idl2wrs generation of display filters

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 01:57:11 +0000 (UTC)
 <mmann78@...> writes:

> I was running checkfiltername.pl and discovered that the idl2wrs generated
dissectors don't follow the convention of using the filter name registered with
the protocol as the start of any display filter name.  Was this just an
oversight, or was it intentional?

It doesn't look like the idl stuff has been touched in a long time (6+ years).
Probably the author(s) simply didn't consider it at the time.

> I believe the attached patch will fix the problem, but I don't know the first
thing about the idl2wrs generation or how to regenerate the necessary dissector
files, so  I thought I'd send it out for comment.

I have never generated the idl dissectors myself, but doc/README.idl2wrs seems
like the place to start.

- Chris