Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] SMB Dissector does not do all it could with SMB when frames do n

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:56:00 -0700
Hi folks,

In case anyone feels like dealing with this, I recently grabbed a
large capture, and because I knew it would be large, I limited the
capture size to 196 bytes.

On an NT Create & X we actually get enough info the display most of
the file name being opened, but currently the SMB dissector simply
throws an assertion and does not dissect anything.

I mention this in case anyone has the cycles to look at fixing these
things before I have a go.

Meanwhile, I have a 25GB capture to try to deal with.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe