Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 43695: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: ad

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 17:11:52 -0400
cmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=43695

User: cmaynard
Date: 2012/07/13 01:09 PM

Log:
 tp->name can't be NULL, but perhaps tp can be?
 Fixes Coverity CID 709597: Array compared against 0.

Old code:

3024 	tp = host_lookup(ip, &found);
3025 	if (tp->name == NULL)
3026 	return;

Actually I suppose what was meant is more about whether tp->name[0] is the NULL character (that is, that the name is empty).

But since the result of the lookup is already there in 'found' the whole condition can probably be taken out.