Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Unnecessary structs in packet-assa_r3.c?

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:11:06 -0400
In packet-assa_r3.c, there are several structures:

configMap_t
commandDissectorParser_t
commandMfgDissectorParser_t
responseTypeDissectorParser_t
upstreamCommandDissectorParser_t
mfgFieldDissectorParser_t

each with two elements, where the first of those elements is (to the best I've been able to determine) never used. The structures are used to define arrays, and the first element of each structure in the array is being set to the index of that element in the array, and then never referenced again.

I believe all of these structures can be removed, and all of the arrays can be converted to arrays of the type of the second element in each structure, which will simplify the code and provide some space savings for the compiled wireshark binary (the arrays are quite big). I just wanted to check before I did the work and posted a patch, as the current set-up is sufficiently weird for me to wonder if I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Evan