Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] r43579 "Generic preference implementation" broken compile

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 19:51:33 -0700
On Jul 6, 2012, at 4:26 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> BTW, when I run the resulting version of Wireshark, I get:
>
> (wireshark:1004): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkVBox to a container of type GtkFrame, but the widget is already inside a container of type GtkFrame, the GTK+ FAQ at http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/ explains how to reparent a widget.
>
> (wireshark:1004): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkVBox to a container of type GtkFrame, but the widget is already inside a container of type GtkFrame, the GTK+ FAQ at http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/ explains how to reparent a widget.
>
> (wireshark:1004): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkVBox to a container of type GtkFrame, but the widget is already inside a container of type GtkFrame, the GTK+ FAQ at http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/ explains how to reparent a widget.
>
> (wireshark:1004): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkVBox to a container of type GtkFrame, but the widget is already inside a container of type GtkFrame, the GTK+ FAQ at http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk-faq/stable/ explains how to reparent a widget.

There were two places where notebook pages were being created - simple_prefs_show() and the regular code path - and simple_prefs_show() wasn't doing it right.

I simplified the code to create all the pages in the regular code path; this means that for interior nodes in the preference module tree, we create a page even if the node has no preferences, and display that when the user clicks on it.  That's probably the right thing to do.