Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] SCCP Address Indicator h-Bit

From: Arjan Van Der Oest <Arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 23:39:26 +0200
On 6 jul. 2012, at 23:29, Jeff Morriss wrote:

Arjan Van Der Oest wrote:
Hi,

I'm using 1.8.0 and it seems the SCCP dissector is never decoding the SCCP Address Indicator h-Bit. Under normal circumstances this should (afaik) be set to '0' but by accident I stumbled into a situation where the h-bit was actually set to '1', breaking things. From the packet-byte window is could be seen, but it would be terrible convenient if the h-bit would also be decoded too. Can this be added or is there a reason not to do this?

(I assume you mean the "reserved for national use" bit in the AI.)

Yes.

Hmmm, yeah, I guess that was just an oversight (and here I am usually
preaching about displaying reserved/spare fields)...

I added decode of that bit (for non-ANSI configurations; the bit is
used--and decoded--in ANSI) in r43590.  (This change will appear in the
automated builds in a few hours and the next development version--i.e.,
1.9.0 and later).

Cool, thanks for the fast followup.

Arjan