Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Filtering page refers to the Capture Options dialog box

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:45:26 -0400
Ben wrote:
At http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCapCaptureFilterSection.html there is a reference to http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCapCaptureOptions.html#ChCapCaptureOptionsDialog - the filters page says "You enter the capture filter into the Filter field of the Wireshark Capture Options dialog box, as shown in Figure 4.3, �The "Capture Options" dialog box" <http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/ChCapCaptureOptions.html#ChCapCaptureOptionsDialog>.

I don't see it. I do see something under the Analyze section. It seems that the page should be adjusted.

That picture of the "Capture Options" dialog box is the correct/modern one. Note that this dialog box is present in 1.8.0 and later only so if you're using an older version of Wireshark, you'll have a (significantly) different dialog box.

(IOW, the guides available on the web site reflect the current version of Wireshark--in actuality it's the current *development* version which is reflected.)