Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Corrupted c-areas 1.71 zip archive

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 20:23:59 +0200
Le 04/07/2012 19:25, Tobias Weiss a �crit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've developed a plugin on Linux which works just fine. Now I wanted to
> create a Windows installer which includes the new plugin. Unfortunately
> when executing
>
> nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup
>
> I always get the following error:
>
> [/cygdrive/c/wireshark-win32-libs-1.8/c-ares-1.7.1-win32ws.zip]
> End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
> a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
> latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
> the last disk(s) of this archive.
>
> The file seems to be corrupted as other programs (like 7zip and the Windows
> zip application) fail to extract it as well. I'm using Win7 64, Visual
> Studio 2010 Pro and the most recent cygwin version.
>
> Any suggestions?
Hi Tobias,

it is working perfectly fine here. I guess you have a partially
downloaded file, thus the "corrupted" warning. Just erase your
/cygdrive/c/wireshark-win32-libs-1.8/c-ares-1.7.1-win32ws.zip file and
relaunch nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup.

Regards,
Pascal.