Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Should payload dissectors' (RTP) packets depend on call-setup di

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:44:47 -0400
One of the more frequently asked questions/reported bugs is users filtering for RTP, saving^W exporting those displayed packets, then opening the new capture file only to find plain UDP. This is because the call-setup protocol (e.g., SIP) wasn't included in the display filter.

Now we have the ability to mark frames as dependent on others. Should, for example, RTP frames mark the call-setup frames as dependencies? (I noticed that RTP has a Setup Frame field; would one frame really be enough?)