Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Protocol correctness analysis

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:01:20 +1000
I don't know about the code, but the RTP Stream analysis definitely does this. RTP has a sequence number (rtp.seq) field that needs to increase monotonically for a stream. You don't see the error in the normal packet details, but you do when running the specific Telephony tool, as shown in the screen shot below.

However I the TCP dissector obviously is able to analyse similar sequence numbers - and is able to display things like TCP retransmissions with in the TCP Sequence analysis section in the packet details.

Inline images 1

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx