Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] tcpdump-workers mailing list troubles

From: Christopher Maynard <christopher.maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:52:29 +0000 (UTC)
I have been having trouble with the tcpdump-workers mailing list and since I
know at least some of the folks subscribed to this list are also subscribed to
that one, I thought I might mention the troubles I've seen to see if anyone else
is also experiencing the same troubles and if anyone here might be in a position
to help resolve the problems or perhaps advise me of some other course of action
that I could take.

1) I have not seen any activity on the list for over a month, which seems odd to
me right there, although not conclusive of a problem in itself, except that ...

2) I tried to post a message and it never showed up.  I read the gmane FAQ and
it doesn't look like they will be of much help; however ...

by sending an e-mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  I later received
notification that the message was delayed and had not yet been delivered but
that our mail server would continue to try to deliver the message.
Unfortunately, I later received the failure notification of the message and that
our mail server stopped trying to deliver it.

be able to use the web interface[1] to subscribe; however, that never worked
either.

5) The message that I tried to post earlier later came back to me as
undeliverable.

Is anyone else here experiencing trouble with the tcpdump-workers?

Thanks.
- Chris

[1]: https://cod.sandelman.ca/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr/domain=lists.tcpdump.org?user=&;
passw=&func=lists-long-full&extra=tcpdump-workers

(NOTE: I had to split the URL over 2 lines; otherwise gmane complains that,
"You have lines longer than 80 characters. Fix that.")