Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 40601: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: pa

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:52:37 -0800
On Jan 19, 2012, at 6:43 PM, wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=40601
>
> User: wmeier
> Date: 2012/01/19 06:43 PM
>
> Log:
> Add 'heur_dissector_set_enabled()' to allow a dissector to enable/disable heuristic dissection;
> Rename some vars;
> Do some minor re-indentation and whitespace changes.

Hmm.

Should this be done from the enable/disable dissectors dialog?  E.g., if a protocol has both key-based (uint or string or whatever we add in the future) and heuristic dissectors, should there be checkboxes to control the key-based and heuristic dissectors, and if it has only a heuristic dissector, should there be an entry for it?