Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] real time capture with a different application

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:53:50 -0600
Hi,

@Steve Karg

Thanks for your response. What I have done is very similar to yours, but Im using 802.15.4 header.
My application continuously streams packets received into a file while a "tail -f" command is used to
pump the new contents from the file into a pipe over which tshark/wireshark listens on.

Tshark displayed the packets correctly in real time, but wireshark throws packet format error..
Since Tshark is correctly dissecting the packet im pretty sure the packet format im writing to is correct.
I came across this post about a bug in wireshark related to this, http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Pipes (search for "bug")

Could some one tell me if wireshark still has the issue? If so could it be that Im also having the same thing??

Thanks

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:47 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 9:51 PM, vijay <vijay.prasanth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Im trying to do a live capture of 802.15.4 tinyos traffic using
> wireshark/tshark. I use another application which captures the traffic and
> writes to a file.

Search the list archive for a message with subject "How to send bytes
to wireshark on runtime", I had to do the same with zbee traffic.

Sam