Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] SPX protocol subdissector

From: Sergey Glebov <sergey.glebov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 21:41:16 +0300

Hi everyone,

Sorry if writing to unappropriate place, please redirect me if necessary.

I'm trying to make a dissector for the protocol, that works inside SPX.

So I register my protocol, register a dissector with dissect_XXX function, etc - all pretty much like in samples.

Tricky thing is, that if I call, say, dissector_add("udp.port", 6771, XXX_handle);

my dissect function gets called, and everything goes alright. I tried tcp, udp, ipx - it works.

But not for SPX - whatever field I've tried.

Theoretically, the string should look like dissector_add_uint("spx.dst", 7200, XXX_handle);

- but this does not work for some reason.

I'm using win7 32-bit self-built Wireshark, dissector as a dll, VC++ 2008. All this under 64-bit windows - if that matters.

With best regards

                        Sergey Glebov