Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Some questions about licensing/core

From: Teto <mattator@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:12:19 +0100
Hi there,

After having asked many questions on that mailing-list, I finally
succeeded in programming my plugin (still a lot to do but yet it works
as it is now) and starts wondering about licensing. Wireshark is GPL.
>From what I understand it means that any work based on wireshark must
be GPL (if you want to redistribute it and contrary to FreeBSD for
example). Just to make sure, does that include plugins as well ?

I remember having read that plugins would best go into the core. Is
that a lot of work translating a plugin into the core ? I mean right
now a plugin is enough for me but if it's best and easy to make it
native, I can do it.

Once more, thanks for your reactivity over the past 2 months.

Matt