Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win32 build from 1.6.3 source tarball: svnversion.h missing

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:08:02 +0100
Hi Chris,

2011/11/18 Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Gerald Combs <gerald@...> writes:

> I updated make-version.pl to clarify the different things that it does.
> It can now store the SVN revision in config.nmake, which can then be
> used to rebuild svnversion.h. Updating config.nmake was a lot easier
> than a post-commit hook since we were storing other version information
> there.

I compiled r39937 on Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), but the plugins directory created
was wireshark-gtk2\plugins\1.7.1-SVN-39921.  Is this to be expected?  If so,
when exactly would the directory name change to reflect the actual revision?

Also, unless a distclean is done, when it does change, will you be left with
outdated SVN-xxxxx directories?  If so, should a modification be made to wipe
out any stale directories that might be present?

Since Gerald's commit in revision 39924 everything is back to normal (plugin folder is named 1.7.1) :)

Regards,
Pascal.