Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RSASSA-PSS (bug #6541)

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:57:47 +0100
Hi,
Some quick comments

>Should all of this go into asn1/pkcs1? I guess so as other definitions from
>RFC5912 are in the same file.

Yes probably, (haven't looked at the RFC:s)

>It looks like the default values are ignored. There's no errors from asn2wrs
>but the defaults never show up anywhere, e.g. when a field is absent. It this
>the expected behaviour or is something going wrong?

I would think this is to be expected or a current limitation. If defaults are used there is nothing in the packet
For Wireshark to show = no code generated. One coud argue that Wireshark should put in generated fields with the defaults
But that's currently not the case.

>I can't get the following definition to compile
>
>    sha1Identifier AlgorithmIdentifier ::= {
>       algorithmId id-sha1,
>       parameters NULL
>    }
>asn2wrs complains about the comma after id-sha1 (removing it doesn't help). I
>commented this out as it's used for defining a default value which in turn
>seems to be ignored.

I would guess that asn2wrs expects an Uppercase after algorithmId and can't do the translation of the symbol (id-sha1) to an OID
As the construct isn't needed I would say that commenting it out is the right thing to do.

Best regards
Anders