Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Deciding a packet as malformed entity

From: Krishnamurthy Mayya <krishnamurthymayya@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:47:03 -0500
Hi all,
  When we use a new module which we have written and add it to the wireshark and then test using a captured <pcap> file if some packets are decoded properly and the others coming malformed listing the protocol name which we have not even touched, what shall we conclude??? Is the captured file problem or the included module problem??
  OR
  what are the possible situations when you conclude that packet captured itself is not proper?? (By 'positively' assuming that the plugin is causing any problem).

Thanks and regards,

Nikitha Malgi
Krishnamurthy Mayya

(IP Infusion India, Bangalore)