Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Ordinary LUA dissector.

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 08:18:17 +0100
Am 03.11.2011 05:58, schrieb Eliot Blennerhassett:
Getting started writing a dissector plugin in lua, I found the examples
on the wiki to be rather esoteric.  Only having previously written a
plugin in C gave me any idea where to start.

Is there any interest in including a more "ordinary" dissector example
on the wiki, or with the wireshark install for that matter?

Here is a working example, however I've no idea if it is best-practice
implementation...

That's an excellent question. I gave up experiments with LUA dissectors since I could not see any relation between the examples and my previous dissectors implemented with C++.

I don't know if your example uses best practices. But it's comprehensive.

--
Andy