Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] core dump on starting wireshark (latest SVN update 39266?)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 01:00:13 -0700
On Oct 6, 2011, at 12:36 AM, Kaul wrote:

> It was actually the ~/.wireshark/recent_common that caused this - and when you'll look at it, it's obvious why

If you're referring to the list of recent.capture_file items, those might be non-ASCII file names.  Had you read in any captures with non-ASCII names?

If you're referring to the gui.geom.Packet Lengths Stats Tree items, yes, that was probably not an ideal choice of component in the item name, and might not be properly parsed.