Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38304: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:11:33 -0400
Balint Reczey wrote:
Hi,

On 08/05/2011 04:01 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
On 08/04/2011 07:35 PM, Tony Trinh wrote:
Isn't Python also necessary for the Wireshark Python API? (It's disabled
by default, unlike the Lua API.)

Yes, but here we're talking about whether we have/should have a (hard)
requirement to have Python in order to compile Wireshark (from the
source tarball, which is often different than building from SVN).
Let's make Python a requirement now.
I fully support the idea of not keeping generated files in SVN and in the release tarball.

I know it's been a while, but...  Any other thoughts/votes on this topic?