Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38782: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: main

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:03:37 +0200
Guy Harris skrev 2011-08-29 22:49:
On Aug 29, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:

Adding back to #ifdef HAVE_LIBPCAP is not the nicest way. We have way too
many places with #ifdef somethingorother. IIRC the intention of the patch
that caused the problem was to always have all features in the menu, some
of them just not visible/selectable(?).
I would vote for "not visible".

I would also vote for not even having a "Capture" menu if we don't have *pcap.  On Windows, that means deciding at run time whether to have a "Capture" menu item, depending on whether we have WinPcap installed, so we might as well do it at run time on UN*X as well.
The reason for getting into this mess is that we can't have #ifdefs in the ui description if loading from file... That's why I opted for the set_menu_visible() routine. I thought it would be possible to compile all UI functions except callbacks regardless of HAVE_LIBPCAP or not and just hide the menus.
Regards
Anders