Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] I need help: When the timestamp is created ??

From: huubby zhou <huubby1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 17:19:08 +0800
If you compile with BPF, "the timestamps are generated by each bpf fd while the packet passes the filter", see
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2004-September/009182.html

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:48 PM, <Moussa.Alawieh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I want to know ,  when the  libpcap library take the timestamp, that appears in the Wireshark field "Arrival Time",
in the Physics Layer of (OSI layers) or in the MAC layer, or where ????

Can someone help me.
ZODIAC DATA SYSTEMS SAS
AEROSAFETY & TECHNOLOGY
logo