Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Brutal patch to build with GTK 3.0

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 07:32:41 +0200
Guy Harris skrev 2011-08-24 03:11:
On Aug 18, 2011, at 11:39 PM, Anders Broman wrote:

- gtkvumeter.c must be fixed or disabled.
It's used, as far as I can tell, only to display the RSSI and link speed values for 802.11 interfaces in the Capture ->  Interfaces dialog.

If that information is useful in that dialog, we should update it to support GTK+ 3.0, and should consider adding code to fetch those values on other platforms where it's available (and I should consider adding APIs to get it in libpcap/WinPcap).

If that information isn't useful, we might just want to remove that display.

I don't know whether it's useful in that context or just being displayed because we can fetch it.
If we could use the gtkvumeter from here http://buzztard.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/buzztard/trunk/buzztard/src/ui/edit/gtkvumeter.c?view=log the work to adapt it would be minimal I think.
The vumeter isn't displayed on any of my systems unfortunately.
Regards
Anders