Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] can I generate windows-used plugin on Linux?

From: Chris Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:02:46 +0000 (UTC)
John x <xiachangqin66@...> writes:

> Hi, folks,I developed wireshark plugin for Linux (which is .so). I am
wondering whether I can generate plugin for windows(which is .dll) from Linux?If
yes, how to do that?Thanks

The only way I can think of is if you install Windows in a VM on your Linux box
and build it from there, but it's not possible to build a Windows .dll from
Linux directly, at least not any way that I'm aware of.