Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] PATCH: btl2cap extended window shows wrong bit

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:13:24 +0200
Hi,

We're not the Linux kernel, hence we have to find our own way forward.
We found that too many patches were lost in the email archives for various reasons. For instance we don't have paid for staff(1) working the project, unlike the Linux kernel. The (severely) time constrained volunteers agreed to resort to other ways to capture patches: bugzilla. So, you are free to leave your patch on the mailing list, but i could get lost. That is not to say that it will be applied straight away otherwise, but then we're back to the time constrained volunteers...

Thanks,
Jaap

(1) I hope Gerald receives a pay check now and then of course, but he's got more on his plate in facilitating the project in more ways than you can imagine. He even puts in a few lines of code now and then ;)