Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38606: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: pref

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:21:40 -0700
On Aug 18, 2011, at 4:13 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:

> There's no reason to limit the ability to set the 802.11 channel et al
> to a subset of Windows users.

That'd be platform-dependent for now (until I get the chance to put APIs, and implementations thereof, for channel-querying and channel-changing in libpcap; that's queued up behind other stuff), but we've had platform-dependent implementations of mechanisms that predated *pcap implementations before (e.g., getting the interface list), so that's not a fatal problem.