Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to change dissector to plugin ?

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:30:13 -0400

See README.plugins: http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/README.plugins?revision=34921&view=markup

- Chris

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John x
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:56 PM
To: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] how to change dissector to plugin ?

 Hi, folks,

I developed a dissector, and put the packet-xxx.c file under: epan/dissectors/, then changed the Make file to make it works.

But now I am wondering how to change the dissector to run as plugin, in that way other people can use my dissector as a plugin?

Thanks
John

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.