Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38546: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: foll

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:54:04 -0400
On 8/15/2011 2:28 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Aug 15, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Bill Meier wrote:

Exiting Wireshark (with no gtk_quit_destroy()) in the follow_stream
code left a file in the temp directory.

Is there some reason why we don't delete the file when the "{TCP,SSL}
Stream" window is destroyed?  Presumably that window gets destroyed
when the app quits, but it also gets destroyed if you just close the
window.

That's what I assumed & expected, but it seems that the "destroy" callback for the window doesn't get called when the app exits since the file didn't get removed when I simply exited Wireshark by clicking the upper right corner of the main window.

Maybe something about the window is a dialog window ?