Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 37487: / /trunk/epan/dissectors/: Ma

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 22:59:37 +0200
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:31 PM,  <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Log:
>  From Roland Knall: openSAFETY dissector.

In packet-opensafety.c I find this code:

/* pinfo is NULL only if dissect_opensafety_message is called from
dissect_error cause */
if (pinfo)
{
    col_set_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_PROTOCOL, protocolName);
    col_clear(pinfo->cinfo,COL_INFO);
}

Coverity complains (in CID 1246) that some other functions will fail
(dereferences it) if pinfo == NULL.
Is this comment still valid?  If so I think we have to rewrite the
code som pinfo never is NULL.

--
Stig Bjørlykke