Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38350: /trunk/ /trunk/gtk/: capture_

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 14:02:51 -0600
On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 11:05:55PM +0200, Michael Tuexen wrote:

> > * Multiple IP addresses should be separated with comma in the "Edit
> > Interfaces Settings" window, I think.
> Need to see how this haves with a lot of addresses.

GTK has a function for truncating labels:

  gtk_label_set_ellipsize()

Which takes a PangoEllipsizeMode
(http://developer.gnome.org/pango/stable/pango-Layout-Objects.html#PangoEllipsizeMode)
setting.  In the past, I used this (or a similar?) function for the
capture dialog's IP address list, ultimately choosing to put it in the
middle so the user could see the first and last IP addresses if there
were many.