Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Rev 38350 Capture Options Changes - Named Pipe?

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:43:26 +0200
On Aug 10, 2011, at 11:49 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:16:55PM +0200, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:49:47PM +0200, Michael Tüxen wrote:
>>> I was aware of this in the context of the -i arguments, but not that it could be
>>> specified in the GUI. We need to find a way to do this. Maybe an button which
>>> will add a named pipe to the list of interfaces.
>>
>> Can we have it in another window?
>> I'd be happy to have different options in capture submenu, like:
>> Capture
>>  | - Interface
>>  |    | - [X] eth0: ...
>>  |    | - [X] wlan0: ...
>>  |    | - [ ] ...
>>  | - nflog
>>  | - Named pipe
>>  | - From program (ptrace-based)
>>  | - ...
>>  | ----------
>>  | - Capture options
>>  | - Start
>>  | - ...
>
> When building with remote capture, then there is a button below the Interface
> list. Maybe the remote capture stuff, the interface stuff and the pipe stuff
> can be unified by having a drop down button with which to select what to show
> inside the area that is the interface list right now?
Hmmm. The button is to add remote interfaces. One could provide the functionality
of adding named pipes.

The interfaces list provides an easy way to select the set of interfaces used
for capturing (no matter if it is local, remote, named pipe (in the future))
and provide an overview about the settings.

Best regards
Michael