Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38436: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 13:53:08 -0700
On Aug 9, 2011, at 1:42 PM, etxrab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=38436
>
> User: etxrab
> Date: 2011/08/09 01:42 PM
>
> Log:
> Add a cast.
>
> Directory: /trunk/epan/dissectors/
>  Changes    Path                 Action
>  +2 -2      packet-hdfsdata.c    Modified

So is there a specification for the protocol?  In particular, one that says what happens if the division in question has a remainder?  I'm presuming that the only reason why the offending constant is 8.0 rather than 8 is to prevent overflows when multiplying two 32-bit integers, not to deal with fractions.