Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] stable release 1.6.1 is core dumped on Fedora 13, 15

From: huu nhan tran <nhanth87@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 01:24:11 +0700
Hi Mr.Thang,

I have compiled and run Wireshark 1.6.1 on my working computer (with my favorite Mandriva 2011), I also meet your problem, but problem has solved when I run it as normal user. So I think you are running ws under root user. You can change to normal user and try it again. May be some problem with linking library. I will check and let you know by tomorrow.

I have attached a picture that Wireshark can run without make install.

2011/8/5 Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Aug 5, 2011, at 8:21 AM, Ngo Hoang Thang wrote:

> Backtrace file is attached.

Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any symbols in the binary, so there aren't any symbols in the backtrace, so there's not much we can do about it.