Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38350: /trunk/ /trunk/gtk/: capture_

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 23:09:10 +0200
On Aug 5, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

> And some more comments:
>
> * "Capture packets in monitor mode" is enabled for devices not supporting this.
If there is a way to figure out if it is supported, we should handle that correctly,
I agree.
> * When manually selecting all interfaces in the list, should the
> checkbox "Capture on all interfaces" be automatically checked?
Hmm. Not sure. Does this help? This would required counting. But it
could be done.
> * I get wrong link-layer for some of my remote (rpcap) devices.  This
> used to work before.
Hmm. This needs to be fixed. Can you provide some hints what is going
wrong? We haven't seen this in our testing.
> * Maybe we should bring up the "Edit Interface Settings" window when
> double-clicking the interface in the Welcome page?
Maybe.
> * We also need some documentation changes :)
This is already on the ToDo list. But I want to get the GUI stable
before Irene will work on the documentation.

Best regards
Michael