Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] stable release 1.6.1 is core dumped on Fedora 13, 15

From: Ngo Hoang Thang <ngohoangthang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 22:21:56 +0700
Hi,

Backtrace file is attached.

Thanks,

On 8/5/2011 2:32 AM, Guy Harris wrote:
On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:25 PM, Roland Knall wrote:

An exception in packet.c can be nearly anything. The backtrace is what
I am looking for,
Yes, as I said.  My point is that sending us the core dump won't necessarily make it possible for us to get a backtrace; getting the backtrace on the machine where the crash was occurring, and just sending us the backtrace, would work far better (and result in a much smaller mail message - the backtrace is a lot fewer bytes than the core dump).

GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora (7.1-34.fc13)
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-redhat-linux-gnu".
[New Thread 21020]
Core was generated by `/home/thang/software/wireshark-1.6.1/.libs/lt-wireshark'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0x00b42416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
[?1034h(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00b42416 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0x005a7bd1 in ?? ()