Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38304: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 22:01:53 -0400
On 08/04/2011 07:35 PM, Tony Trinh wrote:
Isn't Python also necessary for the Wireshark Python API? (It's disabled
by default, unlike the Lua API.)

Yes, but here we're talking about whether we have/should have a (hard) requirement to have Python in order to compile Wireshark (from the source tarball, which is often different than building from SVN).