Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Freeing memory when quitting Wireshark

From: Alex Lindberg <alindber@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 12:21:19 -0700 (PDT)
When I quit a custom build of Wireshark (Win32), although the application disappears from the desktop, it remains in memory.

I use g_regex for a number of dissectors.  In previous versions I was using the PCRE library and did not have this issue.

When Wireshark quits, is there a "un-register" routing that is called in the dissector?  I am suspecting that I am not releasing all my memory from the compiled g_regex_new functions.

Thanks as always.
Alex Lindberg