Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38261: /trunk/ /trunk/: configure.in

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 22:51:28 +0200
Joerg Mayer skrev 2011-08-01 21:51:
On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 08:14:30PM +0200, Anders Broman wrote:
it would make sense to add this to old-gtk-compat.h, but it does NOT resolve
the issue. I still can't compile with GSEAL_ENABLE...
gtkvumeter.c: In function 'gtk_vumeter_set_orientation':
gtkvumeter.c:761: error: 'GtkObject' has no member named 'flags'
gtkobject flags appears to have been sealed in 2.14 but some of the
accessors came later. The "proper" implementation would be to access
the sealed flags element of the gobject directly.

Maybe we need to require a higher version of the gkt library
I'm thinking that we should perhaps only use  GSEAL_ENABLE if GTK
version is 2.22 or higher
as there seems to be quite a few accessors missing. On the other hand
gtkvumeter seems to be only used in
capture_if_details_dlg.c in case of 802.11 i.e AirPcap I presume. So the
whole code could be #ifdeff:ed out
on non Windows with AirPcap.
What is gtkvumeter and where is its use?
I don't use AirPcap so I haven't really seen the VU meeter but in

capture_if_details_dlg.c

in

capture_if_details_802_11()
There is
add_meter_to_table(table, row, "Link Speed",...
and
add_meter_to_table(table, row, "RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication)",
so I assume these are shown for 802.11 interfaces.
Regards
Anders

Ciao
    Joerg