Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38261: /trunk/ /trunk/: configure.in

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 21:51:53 +0200
On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 08:14:30PM +0200, Anders Broman wrote:
>> it would make sense to add this to old-gtk-compat.h, but it does NOT resolve
>> the issue. I still can't compile with GSEAL_ENABLE...

>>> gtkvumeter.c: In function 'gtk_vumeter_set_orientation':
>>> gtkvumeter.c:761: error: 'GtkObject' has no member named 'flags'

gtkobject flags appears to have been sealed in 2.14 but some of the
accessors came later. The "proper" implementation would be to access
the sealed flags element of the gobject directly.

>> Maybe we need to require a higher version of the gkt library
> I'm thinking that we should perhaps only use  GSEAL_ENABLE if GTK
> version is 2.22 or higher
> as there seems to be quite a few accessors missing. On the other hand
> gtkvumeter seems to be only used in
> capture_if_details_dlg.c in case of 802.11 i.e AirPcap I presume. So the
> whole code could be #ifdeff:ed out
> on non Windows with AirPcap.

What is gtkvumeter and where is its use?

Ciao
   Joerg