Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 38141: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: capt

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:43:49 -0400
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 12:06:21PM +0000, tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=38141
Log:
 strdup -> g_strdup.

Would it perhaps make sense to run checkapi as part of the checkin process
and refuse to commit in case the test fails?

I had originally proposed that back when introducing checkAPIs (back in 2006). SVN has the capability with pre-commit scripts:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch05s02.html#svn-ch-5-sect-2.1

But it would take some work to get it to the point where it would work: currently we can't/don't run checkAPIs in certain directories because, for example, it's normal to use (the prohibited API) g_assert() in wiretap. We'd need to break the checks into further groups (or something like that) first.