Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] proto_help.c

From: Chris Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:59:40 +0000 (UTC)
Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard@...> writes:

> There is nothing to commit.

Just to clarify, when I wrote that, I mean there is nothing to commit in order
to support multiple help files.  The bug I opened contains a sample
wireshark.ini file, which could be committed if folks think there's any merit in
doing so.

> I don't know the order they get loaded though - alphabetical?  I'm not sure.  I
> can look at Wireshark's source code tomorrow though to see how they get
> processed ...

OK, I was able to look at this.  Basically, there is no guaranteed order as the
files are read using g_dir_read_name(), and according to the glib documentation:

     The order of entries returned from this function is not defined,
     and may vary by file system or other operating-system dependent factors.

Reference:
http://developer.gnome.org/glib/unstable/glib-File-Utilities.html#g-dir-read-name

- Chris