Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] display of TLVs in MIH protocol dissector

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:23:42 +0200
Hi,

You could take a look at the CDP dissector:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk/epan/dissectors/packet-cdp.c

It has basically the same problem, which it solves by re-using the ett value.

Thanks,
jaap

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:22:51 +0530 (IST), Ankith Agarwal wrote:

Hi
I am writing a plugin for dissection of MIH protocol.
https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=6547
This protocol contains all the information in form of TLVs(type length value), also this protocol does not specify the maximum number of TLVs
inside a packet. I am confused in the display of the TLVs. I tried it
with
assigning a subtree to each TLV, is there any better way of doing it?
-> Also, in the plugin I have set the number of TLV subtrees to 20, but that is not a good way of doing it, can someone also tell me how to set
variable length subtrees in ett array.

Regards
Ankith