Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 37929: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: main

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 10:12:27 -0400

Well, for the "generic dialup" interface, it seems an appropriate choice, although it's hard to tell - is that a rotary phone?

> Should we use it - or something more 21st century :-) - for PPP
> interfaces on UN*X as well?

Sure, why not.

Speaking of icons ... is it just me or are some of the other toolbar icons a little hard to distinguish from each other.  For example, these 5 icons all look too alike for my ... um ... liking:

1) list the available capture interfaces
2) show the capture options
3) start a new live capture
4) stop the running live capture
5) restart the running live capture

Instead of the NIC card with smaller, hard to see symbols overlaying them, I'd prefer a simpler, bigger icon.  For example, the icon to "start a new live capture" might be a big green circle with "GO" or "START" in it, and the icon to "stop the running live capture" might be a big red octagon (or circle) with "STOP" or an "X" in it.  And maybe for the "restart" use a half-circle w/arrow thingy like Firefox has for their "reload current page" icon.  I don't know, something along those lines?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.