Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 37859: /trunk/ /trunk/gtk/: color_dl

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 18:16:37 +0200
On 4 jul 2011, at 17:57, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2011, at 8:49 AM, Sake Blok wrote:
>
>> Where do you need that info, in the frame section of the packet details we list the following:
>>
>> Coloring Rule Name: ___tmp_color_filter___01
>> Coloring Rule String: (ip.addr eq 192.168.0.104 and ip.addr eq 208.117.232.170) and (tcp.port eq 50388 and tcp.port eq 80)
>
> If the rule isn't saved in the colorfilters file, does the rule's name serve any purpose other than to identify the rule in places such as the Frame section of the packet details?

The rule is saved in the list of colorfilters in memory, but based on the filter-name-prefix it is not saved to the colorfilters file. The name of the temporary coloring rule is used to overwrite the filter with a new filter if another conversation/field is chosen for the particular temporary color. That's why it has a fixed name prefix and a trailing index number. The "fixed" name is also used when clearing the temporary coloring rules (CTRL+SPACE).

Cheers,

Sake