Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 37861: /trunk/ /trunk/: dumpcap.c

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 00:40:55 +0200
On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 03:11:18PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2011, at 3:01 PM, darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=37861
> >
> > User: darkjames
> > Date: 2011/07/01 03:01 PM
> >
> > Log:
> > Try to get more information about AV.
>
> So what information do various versions of Windows cough up when a program crashes?

AFAIK there's some "Windows Error Reporting" which sends crash report to Microsoft,
and later we could get these reports by using some MS service:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487440.aspx

I think wireshark don't need "Wireshark Error Reporting" tool,
but I have found one library which might help to do one:
http://crashrpt.sourceforge.net/docs/html/error_report.html