Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 37846: /trunk/ /trunk/: dumpcap.c

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 13:56:10 -0700
On 7/1/11 12:34 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Michael Tüxen wrote:
>
>> Actually I guess that WinPcap's pcap_open_live() somehow calls exit(127)... Not
>> that I expect WinPcap to call exit() at all
>
> The only exit calls I see in the WinPcap source are inherited from libpcap, and they're in
>
> 	1) the DOS libpcap support;
>
> 	2) some code that is called "pcap-enet.c" but was never actually a pcap module for anything (perhaps it was taken from a really old pre-libpcap tcpdump or something with the intent that it turn into a pcap module for "Stanford Enetfilter")
>
> so they're not used by WinPcap.  Perhaps something WinPcap calls in turn calls exit.

So far the problem has only shown up inside Buildbot. I can't duplicate
it interactively on the same machine running as the same user.

After adding

  export CYGWIN="$CYGWIN error_start=c:\cygwin\bin\dumper.exe -d %1 %2"

to test/config.sh dumpcap no longer exits prematurely. Dumper doesn't
create a core file, either. Could it be a Cygwin issue?